Friday 3 October 2014

PAPER CRAFT FTW!!!


HI.


Sorry, too excited there. It's been... two weeks since I have updated this blog, I think? I've been doing something extremely time and effort consuming, at least, it is so to me. What you can see above is one that I already done, it is a character called Danbo from an anime named Yotsubato&! (yes, both the ampersand and exclamation mark is supposed to be there). It looks like a cardboard robot (to some extent it is), but it is actually a costume worn by a girl named Miura for a science project. Miura didn't want to crush Yotsubato's dream of meeting a robot (which is herself in a costume), and lied that she is a robot named Danbo. I actually bought the papers for this over two years ago, so I procrastinated quite a bit before I decided to make it.

I bought this one pre-cut, so I only have to stick the pieces together. Sounds easy eh? No. It's actual cardboard, and that made it very difficult to bow to the force of my fingers. Building the individual pieces was relatively simple for someone with experience in arts and crafts, but putting them altogether? Nuh-uh. It took me about 237 glue stains on the table and 154 glue stains on my fingers before it is finished.

The moment when the final piece is attached, I felt a feeling of euphoria I have not known for years, and I realized...... it is the feeling of making a piece of art with my own hands. *cue backstory music*

During my primary school years, I found a love for arts and crafts, especially those of a papery nature. Origami was on top of it all. Every day, my little fingers would move silently below the tabletop when the teacher is talking as I made one fold after another. A crane, a flower, a space age military airplane, you name it, I will find a way to fold it. My classmates looked my way and awed at my work, but they never approached me more. (Interruption: I wasn't exactly a nice kid, but that depends on how you define nice) One of the most significant works of mine is a blessing I gave to my friend, in the form of a miniscule crane. However, as the years passed by, I slowly forgot this passion of mine and moved on to other things, like reading and *cough* surfing the internet. This curious paper robot have reminded me of my adoration for such finger works. I... excuse me while I become emotional for a while. *grabs tissue*

Hem, hem. Well that was embarrassing. So that was my story about paper crafts. Lame, yeah I know, but it's, all true feelings! *fake sobs* Anyway, I am actually working on another piece of paper craft, but I won't tell you what it is just yet (Hint: Miyazaki).

Here's to a future where paper crafts rule.

No comments:

Post a Comment