Sunday 19 October 2014

ZOMBIES ARE INVADING OUR CAMPUS

OH MY GOD THERE ARE ZOMBIES EVERYWHERE. Not really. Before I tell you anything, I should start my story at the beginning of this crazy day.

Last Friday I had to attend a class in the afternoon (urghhhhhhh) , and I reached school early in the morning to discuss my Tuesday presentation with my partner. After he had to go and attend his class somewhere, I took refuge in an abandoned classroom and caught up on my YouTube subscription. Halfway through, a few people came in and asked me if they could use the classroom. Naturally I said yes and turned back to my screen. I caught some words like "get ready" and "do this quick", and out of curiosity I walked over to them to see what they were doing.

It turned out that they were preparing to dress up as zombies for a "zombie walk" to promote the Haunted House at our program's Fright Night. As they worked, I looked on for quite a while, and eventually I got interested enough to start helping them. They burned some parts of their clothes (yes, burned) and cut it here and there to give them that apocalyptic look. The wounds and blood were next. One of them already mixed the adhesive solution and fake blood beforehand so they only had to put the wounds on. We tore cotton pads to fine pieces and rolled them up to make the edges of the wounds. The intended area for the wounds were first covered in the adhesive solution (you will never believe what's in it...... it's mango jello mix and flour) and then the rolled up cotton pad pieces were then slighted dipped in it before being put on. When those were slightly drier, the very-much-convincing fake blood (consists of chocolate syrup, cornstarch and red food dye) were used to fill in the wounds and smeared around them to make them more realistic. More fake blood was used to smear their faces, bodies (one guy was smearing his abs, it was heaven, don't tell him that), and clothes. More of them came in and did the same thing as well.

Before we could finish, we were told to evacuate to the foyer for the classroom was to be used for a lesson. We complied and finished up outside at the foyer. A few more people joined us there and we had a fun time. Powdered makeup was put onto their eyes and fingers to make them look more "dead", if that was at all possible considering the blood and wounds on them. After all that necromancy, they were ready to terrorize the school grounds. I stayed behind the first time to look after their belongings that laid among the blood drips on the ground. It smelled of mango and chocolate.

They came back and reapplied their blood and readjusted their wounds that might have slipped off from their original position. This time, I followed them as they scared and chased unsuspecting passerby, while promoting the haunted house at the same time. One guy had half his face covered in blood as one of the female zombies slapped him (... I think), and a girl ran in panic as the very same zombie chased her screaming. Props to you, girl.

We eventually returned to the zombie base camp. The zombies went off to wash off their wounds, blood and sins, while I stayed and chatted with the ones who didn't transform. I soon found out that they were from our university's Society of Performing Arts, one that I had tried to figure out how to join but had no luck. I enquired about the membership of the society and had gotten a satisfying answer (you will have to find it out yourself).

I then joined another club, Grapevine, an editorial club (again, too many unsureness), by chance while talking to a random person who was in charge of selling the tickets for Fright Night. She holds an important position in the club and confirmed my membership after I had offered to help for Fright Night. It is in two weeks and they are in a hectic situation, so I was more than glad to help.

That was quite a rant wasn't it? I sincerely apologize if this bored you but that was one of the most interesting days I have lived in a long while, with emphasis on long (ehem). I am now engaged with two clubs' decoration, as well as a personal project for Fright Night, so I might be too busy to write something next week, but I will try my best.

Until then, I wish you eventful and interesting weeks leading up to Halloween.

No comments:

Post a Comment